We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Environmental nonprofit organization. The position is based in Napa, CA. This is a permanent, full time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Nonprofit
SALARY: $75K – $85K
LOCATION: Napa, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
- Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, you will serve as an essential member of the Leadership team to secure institutional, individual and corporate donations at all levels. You will be actively leading all strategic efforts for major gift solicitation to achieve a yearly $2M fundraising goal. As the Director of Development, you will mentor and inspire a development team within a growing organization to engage the Bay Area community and beyond on the importance of environmental advocacy and preservation. This is an ideal position for tenured Development professional with experience in all aspects of fundraising, seeking to contribute to a collaborative team and give back to a growing organization.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Strategizing solicitations and securing major gifts from high-level individual donors in order to implement and grow the organization’s environmental programs
- Create a portfolio of philanthropic connections by building a network of strong relationships with prospective and current donors in the Bay Area, as well as internationally
- Interact with external contacts to make personalized recommendations on the best giving vehicles for their specific donations
- Work closely with Executive team, including the Founder, Board of Directors, and key supports in raising funds and developing written communications and marketing materials
- Collaborate with internal staff in identifying how to best engage and educate prospects with the organization’s mission and future
- Serve as the “face” of the development team for the organization and an open and direct line of communication for all donors
- Manage a growing development team and oversee all aspects of the strategic plan
- 5+ years of continued development, fundraising, and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Blackbaud and/or Salesforce databases
- Passionate about international environmental conservation efforts
- Preferred knowledge of the Bay Area of the philanthropic landscape
- Comfortable relating to donors, volunteers, and high-level external contacts; strong interpersonal skills with a positive mindset
- Must be able to travel frequently; international travel may be required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.