Do you have 5 years of experience in development and fundraising experience, including membership development and major gifts programs?
Are you passionate about working for an organization advocating to improve the quality of life of working families?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Research and Education Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Research and Education Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $80,000 – 90,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for directing fundraising efforts for the 501(c)3 and membership development for the 501(c)4. The candidate will develop and grow a major gifts program, specifically with corporations and foundations, and oversee the grant seeking process. The candidate will build and steward relationships with prospective donors, members and supporters. The candidate will be a self-motivated and collaborative individual that is execution-oriented and eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working and passionate professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and development
- Experience working with an organization that consists of both a 501(c)3 and 501(c)4
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in real estate or housing
- Background in membership recruiting
- Experience in major gift fundraising, specifically with corporations and foundations
- A self-starter that is eager to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls and build relationships
- Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members, and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Meet with prospective donors, members and build external relationships
- Develop and grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Direct all of the organization’s membership development
- Oversee grant seeking and proposal writing
- Coordinate fundraising special events
- Supervise and collaborate with fundraising staff and consultants
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.