Are you passionate about community and social justice missions?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience managing the fundraising and communications efforts for an organization?
Do you work well on a dynamic, passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Arts Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position is based in Chicago.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Arts Organization
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development Director will support and implement strategic fundraising plans and provide leadership and management of the day-to-day fundraising operations. Working with the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer, the Development Director will coordinate and lead all aspects of a full fundraising program including develop strategies focused on foundation grants, individual major gifts, events, and grassroots outreach.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Experience with cultivating donor relationships, research, and analysis.
- Ability to manage and write grants.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Demonstrated success in development management and special events.
- Excellent verbal communication, and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and work with staff at all levels and in a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude, and high degree of initiative.
- Desire to work in a growth-oriented, dynamic start-up environment.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Drive and implement strategic fundraising plans focused on foundations and individual donors.
- Develop fundraising messaging and materials, including briefing memos and proposals.
- Provide support to Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer in managing relationships with current, new and potential donors.
- Supervise day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of Grant Writer
- Maintain accurate donor tracking system.
- Ensure systems are in place and followed for donor acknowledgment and recognition.
- Oversee donor component of program wide events and manage separate donor events.
- Ensure grant reporting is completed in accordance with funders’ policies and deadlines.
- Manage day-to-day fundraising activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.