Are you committed to public education as well as diversity, equity and inclusion?
Are you a master in the field of fundraising?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Public Charter School. The position is based in Washington, Dc. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Public Charter School
LOCATION: Washington, DC (semi-remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $100,000 – $110,000 annually with great benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Head of School, this role is responsible for refining and executing a comprehensive development strategy for the school. This candidate will lead individual and foundation giving, with a focus on major gifts. The role will also be hands on in the strategic plan for a new capital campaign, collaborating with HoS and the board on a multi-year growth fundraising plan. This candidate will build relationships with donors, plan development events, and collaborate on communications goals. The candidate will be a passionate team player that is excited to bring their development background to a growing mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in philanthropy, with increasing responsibility and proven track record of success in securing major gifts ($10K-$100K) and working on a capital campaign
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred
- Commitment to public education and DEI in education, experience in a school setting is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, excels in a fluid work environment
- Willingness to innovate as well as support existing activities
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Execute the existing comprehensive development strategy, focus on building relationships with, and stewarding individual donors as well as foundations
- Collaborate with the fundraising team and leadership team on strategic plans for growth
- Identify grant opportunities, plan events, execute administrative tasks as needed, help to ensure donor data accuracy
- Engage with the students and families
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line.