Are you an experienced fundraiser with multi-million dollar campaign experience?
Do you enjoy both strategy and execution in fundraising?
Are you excited about supporting an educational mission in Chicago?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Educational Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Development, along with the Chief of Engagement, is responsible for developing and executing a long-term fundraising strategy to support ongoing and new initiatives across all charter schools within the network. The person will be responsible for setting and meeting annual and long-term fundraising goals by cultivating and nurturing new individual, corporate and institutional donors to support the organization.
Our client is a charter school focusing on cutting-edge sustainability and world-class education standards. Their innovative and holistic approach to education aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates our future generations.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit development, including fundraising, donor and grant management with a proven track record of converting donor prospects into commitments
- Undergraduate degree required
- Multi-million dollar campaign fundraising experience required
- Strong background working directly with high-level donors
- Must be driven, committed, creative and service oriented
- Must have excellent communication and project management and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, as well as a high level of organization
- Demonstrated initiative and self-directed; focused, yet works extremely well on teams and in collaborative environment
- Experience using computer-based constituent relationship system for tracking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Strategy Development & Execution
- Develops a long-term donor strategy
- Translates high level donor strategy into detailed annual implementation plan to ensure fundraising goals are met
- Establishes systems, processes and tools to effectively carry-out development activities
- Coordinates with various departments to identify priorities and use to inform fundraising goals and strategies
Research and Communications
- Prepares prospect research and develops a targeted list of donors–Including individuals, corporations and institutional donors. Establishes and maintains a donor database.
- Identifies and Prioritizes grants to pursue to maximize impact for students and builds them into the annual implementation plan.
- Writes proposals and prepares all application materials and ensures timely submissions
- Monitors progress toward grant requirements/ outcomes
Donor Cultivation & Relationship Management
- Develops effective strategies to cultivate, manage and maintain donor and supporter relationships.
- Carries out donor cultivation activities, including planning/coordination of events and meetings as needed, to convert prospective funders into committed funders to meet annual fundraising targets
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.