Are you interested in working in the nonprofit legal space?
Are you a strong fundraiser that is excited to build upon a program?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Legal Foundation. The position is based in Washington, Dc. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Legal Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC (in office)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $100,000 – $110,000+ annually (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director and supervising a Development Specialist, this role is responsible for managing and creating fundraising campaigns and engagement efforts. This candidate will connect with current donors and work to increase the donor base, with a focus on private foundations. The role will also be hands-on in data integrity, utilizing Raiser’s Edge, acknowledgments, and identifying new donor prospects. This candidate will regularly communicate with donors, create reports, and direct online grant requests. The candidate will be a mature professional that embraces the foundation’s mission of advancing economic liberty and defending free enterprise.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of experience in nonprofits, with demonstrated success in fundraising
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong background in securing donations from corporations and private foundations, adept at grant writing and creating proposals
- A team player that thrives in a small team with a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- An interest in the legal sector, especially in judicial and regulatory policymaking, is great
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create, implement, and direct fundraising campaigns to secure funds for general operating support (not project-based)
- Build relationships with current donors and continue to build the donor base, securing support from corporations, private foundations, and individuals
- Write and edit support renewals as well as new proposals
- Create reports in Raiser’s Edge and assist in creating the Annual Report
- Supervise the Specialist and collaborate with the team
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line.