We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Policy Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Policy Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job? In collaboration with the Executive Team, the Director of Development will serve as the driving force of the organization to oversee all existing and prospective fundraising strategies. While consistently meeting with high-level individual donors, you will have a strong track record of working with foundations and corporations, specifically in the Bay Area. This is an ideal role for a strategic team player who can effectively execute donor communication strategies, while also serving as a visionary to fast-growing policy and cultural oriented organization serving a global audience.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10 years of consistent development, fundraising, and communications experience, ideally in a leadership and management capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of the Bay Area philanthropic landscape, including Silicon Valley; passionate about serving a culturally-oriented organizations seeking to make legislative change
- Proven ability to acquire major gifts of $25K and above; budget forecasting experience a plus
- Advanced computer and database skills, specifically in Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; comfortable speaking at and attending frequent nightly events
- Must be able to travel regionally and domestically
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work cross departmentally to create dynamic fundraising opportunities for individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Create and build relationships with new and existing donors/ members, as well as tapping into contacts with an active board of directors
- Evaluate established corporate pipeline and consistently manage a portfolio of 25+ major gift prospects at various levels
- Proactively research new foundation and institutional grant opportunities
- Strategize with team members nationwide, including program staff, to identify fundraising gaps and how to engage diverse audiences
- Mentor development team and fellow staff members to empower in exceeding fundraising goals; serve as the “face” of the organization at events and within the community
- Consistently present and provide real-time data to staff and board members on membership, donors, and event attendance
- Measure effectiveness of current donor communication strategies, including direct-mail campaigns and private events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.