We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Educational Equity Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Equity Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, you will serve as the organization’s Director of Development, bringing in substantial fundraising experience and the ability to build a strategic fundraising plan, with a focus on diversifying the funding base. You will be a story teller and a key thought partner to the Executive Director, with a passion and commitment to serving and impacting the lives of local youth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-7+ years of fundraising/development experience
- Demonstrated success and strategy in cultivating new donors, as well as stewardship and significantly increasing donor gift levels
- Experience in building and implementing fundraising strategies
- Experience in fiscal sponsorship a plus
- Knowledge and ability to create work plans for development team as well as manage and mentor staff
- Results-oriented and creative, solution-focused with an ability to meet fundraising goals
- Metrics-driven, flexible and open to trying various strategies, using data to inform strategic direction and decision making
- Able to see the big picture and plan long-term, but also tactical, resilient and with a positive mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, collaborative in working cross-functionally and with a board of directors to accomplish tasks and initiatives
- Tech-savvy and competent in using a fundraising database, communications applications and related tools (Salesforce, a plus)
- Commitment to organization’s mission and value, with an understanding of diverse populations
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create and lead team in executing a multi-year fundraising strategy
- Develop strategies to prospect, cultivate, solicit, and steward existing and potential donors through personal touches and visits, appeals and campaigns, and special events as required
- Manage development team of 3-4 professionals, establishing work plans, goals, and offering mentoring
- Build relationships with individuals, foundations, small businesses, and corporations to develop funding prospects, focusing on donor pipeline and system to achieve and grow fundraising goals
- Fundraising for Education Fund, work on Fiscal Sponsored projects (not fundraising with the schools)
- Serve as thought partner to Executive Director, offering expertise on fundraising strategy and best practices
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors to present organizational updates and leverage and engage board members in fundraising
- Drive external communications work, including creation of themes and content, ensuring consistent messaging across the organization
- Alongside Executive Director, serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s current and future programs/ services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.