Are you a mission-driven finance professional who has a passion for serving underprivileged communities?
We are currently in search of a Director of Finance for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance
SALARY: $120K – $140K
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Director of Finance, you will report directly to the organization’s Executive Director and serve as an integral member of the senior staff. The Director of Finance will be responsible for the organization’s financial well-being, monitoring compliance, overseeing a variety of responsibilities within the Finance Department, and contributing to developing and implementing strategic goals. The Director will also supervise four team members within the finance department, work with the Board, and serve as the financial expert of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA in Finance or Accounting required; Master’s degree and CPA ideal
- 7-10 years of Finance and Accounting professional experience; 10 years of management experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
- Strong understanding of government grants, including Head Start funding, and federal regulations/ guidelines
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
- Ability to supervise multiple direct reports and support multiple departments, Executive-level staff, and Board members
- Ability to plan strategically and produce budget forecasts and projections for a growing organization
- Ability to work in a high-demand environment and provide reports and financial data in a timely manner
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop the annual budget with respect to the requirements of the finance function for the organization
- Develop strategic annual and long-range plans to support and advance the organization’s financial goals
- Provide leadership to the Finance Department, directly supervising four Finance Associates
- Mentor staff and implement training programs to help them reach their professional goals
- Improve and implement current financial systems and processes, to include control policies, cost allocation plan, and financial reporting
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
- Prepare and manage annual audit process, tracking all necessary budget paperwork and accounts, and provide recommendations
- Manage yearly governmental funding applications and oversee the annual audit, tracking all budget paperwork and accounts
- Assist multiple Departmental heads (i.e., Development, Human Resources) with forecasting, budgeting, and providing requested financial reports and data as needed
- Develops annual budgets for the review and approval of the Executive Director and board of directors
- Serve as liaison to the Board and high-level donors
- Oversee multiple finance and accounting functions, including insurance policies, reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Finance” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.