Are you passionate about Finance and Accounting?
Do you have experience working within a Nonprofit Association?
We are currently in search of a Director of Finance and Accounting for an Association. The position is based in the North Suburbs. This is a full- time permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Suburbs
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance and Accounting
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Permanent
Salary $ 110,00-$125,000, Full Benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Finance & Accounting will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting function including monthly close, implementing and maintaining financial controls, addressing audit requests and accounting/financial analysis of operational projects. Aside from planning, budgeting, and forecasting responsibilities, the Director will manage, mentor, coach, train, and provide an experienced team opportunity to grow and advance their knowledge. If you possess the demeanor and patience to maximize the productivity of a team, the poise, and confidence to challenge management as appropriate in all situations requiring financial involvement, then this role is for you. Our Finance team plays a critical role in the operations of the business, and this person must enjoy and embrace actively participating in all facets of the business!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Direct responsibility for the monthly financial close including, but not limited to review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, revenue recognition, variance analyses, and cost center reviews with senior business directors.
- Research as needed accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on financial reporting. Must possess the ability to understand and communicate to staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance.
- Direct responsibility for the annual operating financial planning process working closely with all department managers in developing challenging but reasonable budgets for the fiscal year.
- Identify operational shortcomings within the division and work with the respective operating managers in those areas to ensure strict adherence to key controls and procedures. In the event, they are not, work with the operating group to develop a plan to correct those issues identified.
- Communicate actual results and forecast challenges to management and development opportunities that allow the company to achieve its operating plan
- Attend various planning meetings with the multiple cost center managers and assist in their financial development.
with external auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely and that questions or issues are addressed
- Complete review of external auditors’ checklist to determine any changes during the most recent reporting
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Accounting degree required. CPA is a plus
- Ten+ years of experience in accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning and analytical projects
- Must be an outstanding communicator with the poise and presence to manage a diverse group of constituents in a challenging matrix management situation.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and have the confidence to challenge management in various situations.
- High energy, positive, collaborative, approachable work style, and ability to see all tasks through to completion with a very high level of satisfaction.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Finance and Accounting” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.