Are you passionate about supporting those with disabilities? Do you have a background in business and financial management?
We are currently in search of a Director of Finance and Operations for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, D.C. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000 – $75,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director and supervising a team of 2+, this role is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the organization’s general business, financial, and legal affairs. This candidate will oversee annual budgeting and focus on the strategic direction of the organization, providing insights and recommendations. They will collaborate with Human Services and the Fundraising department, supervise the finance team and vendors, and provide reports to the Board. This role is for a candidate with demonstrated success in business and financial management, that enjoys working with different people. The candidate will be eager to bring a strategic lens and their skillset to an impactful and mission-driven team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience related to DFO role
- Masters in a relevant field of social work, law, business, nonprofit management preferred
- Demonstrated success in business and financial management
- Experience in regulations relevant to disability services and benefits, including Medicaid, Medicare, human rights, etc.
- Person-centered and passionate about helping others
- Collaborative, self-starter, and eager to take the initiative
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead the finance team in the day-to-day operations for the organization, and build a strategic vision for the organization
- Oversee budgeting and billing
- Collaborate across teams, providing insights and learning what departments need
- Process payable and receivable accounts, fulfill financial reporting, lead the annual budget
- Contract negotiation and compliance, property management
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Finance and Operations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.