Do you have a strong human resources generalist background?
Are you a confident thought leader?
We are currently in search of a Director of Human Resources for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Columbia, MD. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Columbia, MD (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Human Resources
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $100,000 – $120,000+ annual salary
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer and supervising the HR Manager, this role is responsible for overseeing the HR department and being a leader for the strategic direction of the organization. The candidate will be hands on in the day-to-day operations of the department, involved in employee relations, overseeing benefits, ensuring organizational compliance. This candidate will collaborate with and advise leadership, also leading a DEI initiative. The candidate will be confident and compassionate, a hands-on strategist. Our ideal candidate has experience supervising a team, with strong management skills. The candidate will be excited to make an impact with the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of experience managing HR in the nonprofit sector, 7+ as a generalist with supervisory experience
- Bachelors in HR or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in growth change is a big plus
- PHR or SPHR certificate is preferred
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, confident in decisions and eager to take ownership over the role
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee the human resources department, hands on in aspects including employee relations, performance management, benefits, payroll and compliance
- Lead process improvements and change management, advising leadership on how to improve the organization’s processes
- Lead a DEI initiative
- Be an integral member of the leadership team, focused on the strategic direction of the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of HR” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.