Do you have at least 10 years of individual giving and fundraising experience and 3 years of supervisory experience?
Are you capable of bringing in major and legacy gifts of $5,000 or more annually?
We are currently in search of a Director of Individual Giving for a Family Residential Center. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Family Residential Center
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
POSITION TITLE: Director of Individual Giving
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $100,000 – 110,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job?Reporting to the Chief Development and Communications Officer, this position is responsible for overseeing the Individual Giving program (annual gifts, major gifts legacy giving). The candidate will also supervise the Associate Director of Leadership and Legacy Giving and the Manager of Annual Giving. The candidate will be a dynamic and interpersonal individual that is eager to be an integral part of a development team, using their major-gifts-driven background.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of direct, successful fundraising experience with knowledge of all types of fundraising (annual giving, major gifts, planned gifts, capital campaigns and endowments)
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required); advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Target Analytics
- Successful experience with generating six and seven figure gifts
- Knowledge of the legal and tax implications of approaches and techniques used in giving
- Experience in preparing and submitting proposals to potential funders
- Strong verbal, written and speaking communication skills
- The ability to work independently as well as the ability to interact with colleagues, board members, trustees, volunteers, donors and prospects
- Friendly, compassionate, flexible, detail oriented, positive and team-oriented
- Comfortable with leading events, managing volunteers, and open with a variety of lifestyles
- Willing to participate in evening and weekend events
- Experience in stock, planned, and deferred gifts is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and execute strategies to increase the revenue generated from individual, annual, major and legacy donors/prospects
- Provide strategic leadership to design a portfolio with a focus on individuals capable of making major and legacy gifts of $5,000 or more annually
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals and family foundations
- Provide strategic guidance to the CEO, CDCO and Board
- Develop and write funding proposals to individuals and family foundations
- Maintain accurate and consistent records of communications, visits and contacts
- Participate in special events, support and attend major fundraising events and galas
- Create development content for brochures, newsletters, websites, and reports with the communications staff
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Individual Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.