We are currently in search of a Director of Institutional Giving for a Youth Empowerment Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with an ability to work remotely.
ORGANIZATION: Youth Empowerment Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Institutional Giving
DURATION: Full-time, Permanent with remote capabilities
Position Overview: The Director of Institutional Giving is responsible for planning, implementing and executing development activities, specifically for foundations and government opportunities. Reporting and working directly to the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Institutional Giving will work to secure resources from major institutional donors and prospects to ensure sustainability and growth for the organization and its youth programs. You will oversee the Institutional Giving program and be the leader in the implementation of the strategic plans identifying and articulating goals and objectives and translating them into fundraising opportunities, as well as overseeing prospect research and advising the CFO on other opportunities. You will also have an ability to support the relationships and enhance major donor relationships and act as the ambassador for the growing organization. This is an ideal role for a senior development professional within a proven track record of working with Bay Area donors.
- Develop, prepare, and submit formal fundraising proposals to institutional prospects and effectively bring proposals to successfully solicit
- Monitor progress towards fundraising goals; intervene to adjust strategies or implement new strategies as needed
- Provide strategic oversight in securing grants throughout the Bay Area, including Oakland and San Mateo; manage corporate events, as well as volunteers
- Steward a pipeline of 40-50 grants; Work towards securing and collecting a fundraising goal of $1.5M+ in annual revenue for the organization
- Proactively develop efforts to engage foundation executives and their boards, servings as a point of contact for foundation relations
- Qualify institutional prospects with the capacity to give at least $25K and above
- Meets and collaborates with internal contacts such as program directors and other fundraising staff to determine organizational priorities and needs to formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors.
- Possess outstanding writing abilities and consistently submit thorough and cumulative grant initiatives and LOIs
- Consistently stay current on youth initiatives and programs internally and externally from the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of professional development/fundraising experience, specifically in institutional giving
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage with high-level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to establish, build relationships, and successfully secure six-to-seven-figure gifts; comfortable conducting prospect research and meeting donors in-person
- Proven track record of securing new funding opportunities, comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to identify new funding sources for special programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and cultivate their own leads, while also collaborating on special projects as determined by the CDO
- Strong written and presentation and oral communication skills are required;
- People-oriented, collaborative, and hardworking individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office, Google Suite and Salesforce
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Institutional Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.