Do you have a background in both software development/application and networks?
Are you interested in having an impact on an IT team?
We are currently in search of a Director of IT for an Economic Development Organization. The position is based in Washington, Dc. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Economic Development Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Director of IT
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $140,000 – $160,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director and supervising a team of 4 IT professionals, this role is responsible for overseeing and evaluating an efficient technology operation/plan for the organization. This candidate will lead initiatives including network, security, application development, and hardware. The role will collaborate across departments and will manage projects with multiple stakeholders internally and externally. This candidate will manage and coach their team, being a hands on leader. The candidate will be a confident professional and collaborator that is excited to bring their background to a team where they can have an impact on the IT infrastructure.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in overseeing IT and managing large-scale projects, with a background in supervising a small team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in network (connectivity, security, hardware, help desk) as well as software development and application
- Background in leading a project of application development from start to finish is ideal
- Accountable, adaptable, with strong communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create, lead, plan, and implement technology solutions to align with the mission and operations of the organization
- Manage and coach a team, also collaborating across departments and being a leader within the organization
- Oversee network, help desk, database administration, security, application development, software application, and hardware
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to systems
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of IT” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.