Are you an experienced, Marketing professional who thrives in a hierarchical organization?
Do you have demonstrated success in developing and managing marketing campaigns for fundraising?
Do you come from a Higher Education background?
We are currently in search of a Director of Marketing for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Marketing
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Marketing is responsible for advising and developing the strategic direction on all aspects of marketing including multi-media plans, digital outreach, direct response, data capture, data measurement, donor engagement, and solicitation through the annual funds program.
Our client is a well-organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of ground breaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of Marketing experience, Required
- 2-3 year of experience developing multi-media campaigns, Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related fields, Required
- Strong knowledge of and experience in brand marketing, advertising, direct response fundraising and donor relations
- Strong experience in collaborating across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in marketing for fundraising efforts
- Strong experience using CRM systems
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and Google Analytics
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest and most sensitive level
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Marketing and Annual Giving
- Assigns and oversees projects (marketing, writing, design, web, digital)
- Manage staff, implement project management tools and techniques
- Drives and manages the research, analysis, planning, implementation, execution and measuring of activities related to donorship
- Oversee the Annual Giving program and collaborate with Development as well as Marketing/Communications team
Team Operations and Staff Management
- Assists in monitoring and managing the fiscal budget
- Upholding HR best practices
- Supervise a team of up to 5 employees
- Staff events, as required
Planning and Budget
- Develop organization wide integrated marketing and communications plan
- Working across departments to implement and improve annual business plan
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.