Are you a hardworking leader that has successfully helped create strategic marketing and communication goals for an organization?
Do you have at least 7 years of experience in communication and marketing with at least 3 years’ supervisory experience?
Can you demonstrate excellent professional writing and editing skills?
We are currently in search of a Director of Marketing and Communications for an Association. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Director of Marketing and Communications
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Marketing and Communications will report to the Executive Director/CEO and will supervise two Senior Marketing Coordinators. This person will play a critical role in providing vision, leadership, and implementation within strategic communications, media relations, marketing and brand management, public awareness, social media, and all forms of communications. The Director of Marketing and Communications will plan, execute, and monitor the Association’s marketing and communications plans in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization. The Association is seeking an ethical and creative self-starter, who brings strong writing, editing, and presentation skills to the role.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field or equivalent experience is required; Master’s degree preferred. IOM or CAE preferred.
- Experience working for an association is required. Minimum of 7 – 10 years relevant experience in communications and marketing with demonstrated success; minimum 3 – 5 years supervisory experience.
- Superior written communication skills along with excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with email marketing services, social media platforms, and Adobe Creative software.
- Proven success in building and cultivating key relationships and meeting strategic goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of media, public, and community relations.
- Demonstrated abilities in developing strategic, creative communication plans.
- Demonstrated success in design savvy marketing (including data-driven email marketing effectiveness) and brand management.
- Strong project management, collaborative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in crisis communication.
- Ability to articulate a vision and inspire others to support and advance the vision and strategic goals.
- Ability to translate organizational strategy into strong and compelling messages for a range of audiences.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines while making sound decisions, and to accommodate shifting priorities; ability to be flexible.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans in the areas of public awareness, media relations and social media to enhance the visibility, perception and reputation of the Association and its members.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to create annual budget and have financial oversight of departmental expenses through the year.
- Manage strategic marketing and branding activities and providing guidance and oversight to the Association’s staff on key messages, social media, website and other communications, including consistent application of brand standards.
- Ensure effective marketing practices across all appropriate platforms.
- Supervise, motivate and mentor direct reports.
- Position the Association with members and other stakeholders through powerful, clear and consistent communications and marketing to support strategic goals.
- Lead the Marketing & Communications Department by developing and supporting an integrated communication and marketing team.
- Implement new initiatives based on the strategic plans of the association and facilitate collaboration on marketing and communications among the components of the Association.
This position requires approximately 30% travel, both domestic and international.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Marketing and Communications” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.