Do you enjoy staying up-to-date with nonprofit technology trends and leading cutting-edge advances?
We are currently in search of a Director of Web Development and Marketing Technology for a national nonprofit. The position is remote. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Nonprofit (focused on cancer advocacy)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Web Development and Marketing Technology
ANNUAL SALARY: $100-110k/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Director of Marketing Technology or Web Development to help lead the organization through its next phase of technological innovation. This new role will be responsible for driving the growth and enhancement of the organization’s websites, e-marketing, and the technology platforms that host fundraising, events, programs, and advocacy technologies. In addition, this role will help lead and implement organization-wide data management and security best practices and policies. Along with the required technical knowledge, a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, work collaboratively across teams, and bridge technology with non-technical staff is critical. The organization has an incredible, world-class work culture and is open to different title options for this position.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10 years of experience; five years managing web development and data projects and teams, ideally in a nonprofit or campaign setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of web design, development, maintenance for complex digital platforms
- Experience defining and managing software processes and policies, including technical project management, testing, and deployment systems
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and implement web/digital development projects within budget and deadline
- Strategic and business skills along with strong technical skills
- Experience recruiting and hiring technical staff
- Energetic, mature, and ability to lead and while serving as a unifying force to solve problems at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues outside of the tech team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consistent team player with ability to be effective in an organization whose staff works remotely
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support, lead, and scale the technology roadmap for cross-departmental needs including Development, Peer-to-Peer fundraising, Events, Marketing, Programs, and Advocacy
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all digital solutions, gathering requirements, setting expectations, and managing timeframes, project plans, resources, and deliverables
- Oversee annual e-marketing campaign development, calendar, and efficacy
- Lead digital advertising strategy and campaigns
- Proactively identify, evaluate, implement, and maximize new and existing technologies to grow the organization in both people and money
- Manage and enhance website and other website properties to optimize the user experience and significantly increase engagement and acquisition
- Lead SEO strategy and maximize other digital acquisition opportunities
- Co-chair a cross-functional data team to create, implement, and maintain data processes across the organization
- Develop technical solutions and best practices and code in coordination with teammates to complete projects and meet deadlines as needed
- Oversee all managerial aspects of running the web development team including one full-time software engineer, independent contractors, and vendors
- Manage technical budget and contracts, and provide financial projections as needed
- Maintain knowledge of nonprofit technology landscape trends and developments
- Provide regular return on investment data and KPI metric reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Web Development and Marketing Technology ” in the subject line.