Are you a poised and compassionate HR professional with 5-10 years of HR Generalist experience? Have you overseen HR operations and been involved in creating and implementing DEI strategies? Are you passionate about supporting immigrant communities and lifting barriers to their success?
We are currently in search of a Director of People and Culture for a Community/Direct Service Organization supporting immigrants (both individuals and families). The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community/Direct Service Organization supporting immigrants (both individuals and families)
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area
POSITION TITLE: Director of People and Culture
SALARY: $100K-$110K+ (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the CFO/COO, the Director of People and Culture is a key position that will play a crucial role in developing, implementing, and managing strategic and tactical human resources solutions for the organization. You will lead the organization’s DEI strategy and initiatives, recruitment, professional development, and overall human resources operations. You will use your strong understanding of US employment law to inform senior-leadership on best practices around hiring, on-boarding, and employee relations. You will supervise a HR Coordinator.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree, preferred
- 5-10+ years of HR Generalist/related experience, with at least 2-3 years of management experience
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification highly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to building equitable systems in the workplace
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build consensus
- Strong supervisory skills; holds high and empowers team members to creatively solve problems
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
How you will spend your day:
- Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and employment law
- Utilize knowledge of US employment law to advise senior leadership on best practices in making informed decisions
- Manage, evaluate, and execute both the strategic and tactical day-to-day tasks of running an HR Department to include: employee relations; recruitment and retention; compensation, benefits, and recognition; training and development; performance and talent management
- Supervise HR Coordinator, overseeing daily workflow and providing mentoring and guidance to HR staff
- Design and facilitate team building as well as provide guidance to managers and employees
- Lead the organization’s efforts in building a work culture committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- Develop and execute best practices for the recruitment and selection process to support effective and equitable hiring across the organization
- Design professional development, promotion, and retention philosophy, to include compensation, benefits, and recognition/awards
- Establish a cohesive vision for career pathing and succession planning that is equitable and aligned to organization’s values
We’d love to hear from you. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of People and Culture” in the subject line. Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.