Do you have a background in housing policy and analysis?
Are you an interpersonal and passionate professional with at least 3 years of experience as in policy development and economic research?
Do you want to work for an organization advocating to improve the quality of life of working families?
We are currently in search of a Director of Policy and Research for a Research and Education Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Research and Education Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Policy and Research
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $85,000 – 90,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop a program of policy. The candidate will oversee research projects, work with outside vendors to produce impactful research, analyze existing policy proposals and draft new proposals. The candidate will be a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual that is comfortable working on multiple projects at a time and is eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working and passionate professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in policy development, economic and market research, and/or analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Background of housing policy, legislative analysis or consulting
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, project management and prioritizing skills
- Has the ability to design surveys and accomplish research goals
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods (i.e. statistical analysis, data collection and management, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to change, comfortable working on multiple projects at a time
- Strong verbal, written and speaking communication skills, with the ability to convey and present concepts to others
- Background in managing staff and/or outside vendors
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage market related research
- Oversee research projects while supervising consultants and contractors
- Analyze policies and bills
- Manage and analyze data from a range of sources
- Identify and work closely with external vendors to produce research
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Policy and Research” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.