Are you passionate about the DC community?
Are you experienced in legal aid and grantmaking?
We are currently in search of a Director of Programs for a Legal-Services Foundation. The position is based in Washington, D.C. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Legal-Services Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Programs
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $100,000 – $115,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the CEO and supervising a team of 4, this role is responsible for managing the departmental functions of programming and grantmaking at the organization. This candidate will supervise a team, be a part of the Senior Leadership Team, collaborate across departments, and present grant recommendations to the Board. They will oversee multiple grant programs, reviewing applications, evaluating performances, and ensuring deliverables are achieved. This role is for a candidate with strong relationships in the DC community, and that is passionate about Legal Aid. The candidate will be eager to build internal and external relationships and bring their skillset to an impactful and mission-driven team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of experience directly related to legal aid, poverty law, and nonprofit services
- Strong background in grantmaking and overseeing various programs, preferably in the DC community
- JD or LLM required
- Experience directing and supervising a team, with great leadership skills
- Critical thinker, hands on, a relationship-builder
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Direct and supervise the Programs staff, providing oversight and coaching
- Oversee multiple grant programs, present grant recommendations, and evaluate grantee performance
- Develop and manage the Programs budget, negotiate grant agreements, coordinate with the CEO on the payout of funds and other projects as needed
- Create policy recommendations and be impactful in the reshaping of the foundation
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.