Are you a highly motivated research professional with a knack for accounting and for anti-fraud policy?
Do you have superior project management skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities at a moment’s notice?
Are you a collaborative individual that gets excited by being innovative as part of a high preforming team?
We are currently in search of a Director of Research for a Public Policy Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full time Permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Public Policy Advocacy
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Research
SALARY: $190,000 – $210,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Research is responsible for leading projects, timelines, and budgets related to the successful operation of the Research and Anti-Fraud Teams. The Director will add value to cross functional project teams and support strategic research and anti-fraud initiatives and objectives; help develop and implement actionable recommendations to advance member priorities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Advanced/Technical degree emphasizing research and project skills preferred
- Minimum 10 years academic, technical, or similar relevant experience
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to work well under tight time constraints to meet established deadlines
- High degree of organization with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals across organizations
- Proven ability to manage assignments involving primary and secondary research methodologies, analysis, and synthesis
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate openly and effectively to staff, members’ staff, and other key constituencies
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an unfailing dedication to quality and accuracy
- Results-oriented with flexibility and openness to quickly adapt to changes in priorities
- CPA is a plus
- Self-motivated and objective, with a bias toward action. Embrace an entrepreneurial environment and spirit
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead in developing content and discussion guides for panel sessions at partner association meetings; identify topics, recruit partners from Governing Board firms to participate in the panel, coordinate prep calls, and collaborate with SMEs
- Oversee annual live event, including development of content working closely with Events Manger and host firm
- Oversee the research grant programs by developing requests for proposals, maintaining online proposal submission processes and revising as necessary, implementing review assignment and distribution processes
- Support grant awardees, coordinating with Governing Board firm representatives to secure study participants for grantees conducting experimental research projects
- Chart the strategic direction for the research agenda and activities, managing the commissioned research supported by the Research Advisory Board (RAB), including development of scope of work, identification and selection of research team, and monitoring progress through to publication of study findings
- Develop and implement quality control procedures for all sponsored and/or published research.
- Present research updates and study proposals to the Research Advisory Board
- Collaborate on anti-fraud initiative resources and projects, serving as project lead or quality reviewer of content developed as part of the Anti-Fraud Collaboration.
- Identify key emerging issues facing member auditing firms and investors; manage resulting task force and project deliverables. Where required, craft or evaluate research proposals, studies, and projects to provide relevant insights and recommendations
- Develop technical content, tools and webcasts for auditors of public companies using a variety of resources and experts
- Assist in the development of projects in support of the Anti-Fraud Collaboration, including webcasts, fraud case studies, panel discussions, meetings with regulators.
- Ensure timely updates to the Anti-Fraud Collaboration websites.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to KSanabria@cnpstaffing.com with “Director of Research” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.