Do you have experience in prospect research and collaborating with development teams to ensure they have the donor briefings they need to properly inform donor strategy? Do you have a passion and commitment to empower those with disabilities in the community?
We are currently in search of a Donor Prospect Research Analyst for a Human Services Organization creating a more accessible world for people with disabilities. The position is based in Marin County, CA with some remote flexibility a couple of days a week.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization creating a more accessible world for people with disabilities
LOCATION: Marin County with some remote flexibility a couple days a week
POSITION TITLE: Donor Prospect Research Analyst
SALARY RANGE: Competitive DOE plus excellent benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Donor Prospect Research Analyst will provide research support to key leadership and development team to assist in the formation of development strategies and advance potential donor relationships. You will assist in qualifying, screening, and rating potential donors, and proactively identifying new prospective donors through the organization’s lead management system. As part of a collaborative team, the Prospect Research Analyst coordinates with the Development Manager and the Director of Development to ensure that the best prospects are assigned to Major Gifts Gift Officers and plays a critical role in the overall success of continuing the organization’s growing revenue. This is a great position for someone who is analytical and truly enjoys working behind the scenes on donor research and segmentation and wants to positively impact the lives of people with disabilities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of prospect research and/or related nonprofit development experience
- Analytical thinker with great attention to detail and process, results-oriented
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, especially related to running reports, updates on donor gifts and personalized correspondence through phone, online and paper communications.
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs (Salesforce, a plus!). Ability to use database and related tools to analyze donor data.
- Successful track record in identifying donor prospects and effectively organizing and tracking related information to make it easily accessible for development teams to use
- Comprehensive understanding of the importance of donor relationships in philanthropy and what goes behind strategy and donor cultivation
- Metrics-driven, flexible, tactical, resilient, solution-oriented and with a positive mindset
- Strong listener; comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to build consensus
- A team player, with ability to be responsive, flexible and work well with development department and leadership staff regarding donor prospect information and strategies
- Takes initiative with the ability to stay organized and adhere to urgencies and timelines well, strong project management skills
- Commitment to organization’s mission and values, with an understanding or genuine interest in learning about communities impacted by disabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Use a variety of electronic and print resources, develop and synthesize information on prospects (individuals, corporations, and foundations) to produce easy to read profiles of their background, career, capacity to give, philanthropic interests, and nature of relationship to the organization, for executive level internal and external meetings
- Financial analysis of prospects’ and donors’ known wealth indicators to assess potential philanthropic capacity
- Conduct proactive research to identify new potential donors using push technology, data mining, screening, and other methods
- Proactively track and disseminate donor and prospect-related information. Monitor news and publicly available financial information on prospects from SEC filings, press releases, and major newspapers
- Support prospect screening and data mining projects. Help to independently verify screening results
- Collaborate with Development Team to support the development of high-capacity portfolios and related research
- As needed, support the Development Team by updating, writing, and building briefing memos on donors in current portfolios
- Update information in database (converting from The Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce currently) following established data standards
- Maintain proficiency with standard prospect research resources (electronic, print, and other) and stay up to date on new resources and technologies to utilize
- Achieve target metrics related to the number of prospects researched and briefing written/updated each month
- Use ethical standards to keep to donor confidentiality organizational guidelines
- Act as an advocate for the organization’s mission and work and promote a culture of philanthropy within the organization
- Respond in a timely manner to common inquiries or complaints from current and potential donors and their families with great customer service attitude
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Donor Prospect Research Analyst” in the subject line.