We are currently in search of a Donor Relations Officer for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Rafael, CA. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: San Rafael, CA
POSITION TITLE: Donor Relations Officer
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Donor Relations Officer (DRO) assists in communicating with donors that are interested in major and/or deferred gifts. An important part of the Development team, the DRO works closely with the Director of Philanthropy and Major Gift Officers. This person will keep track of and find donors with annual and first time gifts up to $5K.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of nonprofit development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Comfortable talking with donors, have a friendly demeanor and be able to clearly articulate the mission of the organization.
- Experience building relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Detail and process oriented.
- A keen understanding of the importance of philanthropic support to the success of non-profit organizations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including reports and updates on the use/impact of the donors’ gift, phone calls, personalized correspondence, cards and invitations.
- Excellent computer skills; must be highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
- Effective problem solver
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conducts initial exploratory contact with donors/prospects to cultivate relationships and determine capacity for major gifts
- Develops own portfolio to maintain ongoing contact with past and current donors
- Directs major gift prospects to Director of Philanthropy for management and integration into their portfolios
- Retains and increases donor support through personal phone calls and many other stewardship methods including in-person meetings. Using a broad spectrum of sources, researches, organizes, and evaluates prospect’s financial capacity, ability and willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to the organization
- Uses donor database to update donor information, produce reports, track and cultivate donors. Works with MGO team to cultivate and solicit mid-level donors
- Produces prospect reports based on a combination of data from the donor database, available financial records, real estate ownership, and other markers of high quality donors
- Writes prospect briefings for the use of the MGO development team
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Donor Relations Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.