Are you a nonprofit professional with 2+ years of counselor experience?
Do you have experience working with in prevention services?
We are currently in search of a Dual Diagnosis Homeless Counselor for a Behavioral Health Services Organization
ORGANIZATION: Behavioral Health Services
LOCATION: Waukegan, IL
POSITION TITLE: Dual Diagnosis Homeless Counselor
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $13.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a Dual Diagnosis Homeless Counselor to support the Program Supervisor. This position will prepare and facilitate both group and individual treatment sessions, develop and maintain relationships with referral sources and other agencies supportive of clients’ recovery and work as a team member and create a therapeutic environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of counseling experience, required
- 3+ year experience in behavioral health, substance abuse, mental health or related
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience in human services, required
- LCSW/LCPC license, preferred
- Knowledge of the homeless population, and addiction treatment programs
- Open to working at least one evening during the week, and possibly one day on the weekend
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Must have strong communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conducts client clinical screening and assessments
- Creates individualized treatment plans
- Identifies and coordinates referrals and linkages to ancillary/wrap around services
- Prepares written communication regarding client – reports for court, referral sources reports
- Prepares and conducts Individual and group counseling sessions
- Identification and appropriate referral to community resources
- Outreach and motivational programming
- Community outreach and home visits
- Toxicology testing
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ashley Viscardi at email@example.com with “Dual Diagnosis Homeless Counselor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.