Do you have experience working with children? Have you worked in customer service, administrative support, or other positions that require attention to detail? Are you passionate about early childhood literacy?
We are currently in search of an Early Childhood Literacy Assessor for an Education Foundation. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Foundation
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Early Childhood Literacy Assessor
HOURS: 9:00am – 1:00pm (M-F) (Flexible Schedule)
DURATION: Temp (3 weeks)
Is This Your Dream Job? As an Early Childhood Literacy Assessor reporting to the Education Program Associate, you will be responsible for administering literacy assessments of children ages 3-5 in Pre-School classrooms throughout Oakland. Full training and all assessment materials will be provided.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High school diploma required
- Has, or would like to gain, assessment experience
- Experience working with children preferred, especially children learning English
- Friendly personality
- Background in customer service or administrative support
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Excel
- Compliant with vaccinations: Measles, TDAP, Influenza, & TB Negative
- Able to complete a live scan fingerprint for criminal background check
- Spanish/Cantonese speakers encouraged, but not necessary
- Personal laptop will need to be utilized on site
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Communicate and work with teachers to set up assessments
- Administer literacy assessments to children
- Collect information from assessment and enter data into Excel daily
- Work with Education Program Associate to ensure data is submitted in a timely manner
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Early Childhood Literacy Assessor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.