Do you have at least 3 years of experience in creating educational programs?
Are you passionate about working with children?
We are currently in search of an Education Program Coordinator for a Family Residential Center. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Family Residential Center
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
POSITION TITLE: Education Program Coordinator
DURATION: Full Time (Sunday – Thursday)
SALARY: $44,000 – 48,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Program Operations Manager, this position is responsible for planning and supervising educational programs and activities for children and their families. The candidate will research education programs and participate in program strategy. They will be responsible for promoting a welcoming environment and coordinating with the Program team to support the educational needs of the residents. The candidate will be a creative, compassionate and self-motivated individual that is eager help others and be a part of an impactful team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience coordinating and implementing educational programs for children and families
- Knowledge of child development and educational curriculums is highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Enjoys hands on work with children and building professional partnerships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has a positive attitude and works well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Plan and supervise programs, individual and group activities, workshops and field trips, develop educational curriculum
- Promote a homelike environment
- Assess the educational needs of the residents and develop activities as appropriate
- Research education programs and participate in program strategy
- Engage the community by forming partnerships and connections with local educational organizations
- Assist in development of grant applications and progress reports
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.