Are you passionate about putting together successful events to support nonprofit causes? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are currently in search of an Events Coordinator for a Membership Association. The position is based in Pleasanton, CA. This is a temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: Pleasanton, CA
POSITION TITLE: Events Coordinator
HOURLY WAGE: $17.00-25.00/hr., dependent on level of experience
HOURS: 3:00-11:00 PM, one day assignment
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Events Coordinator reporting to the Events Director, you will be responsible for providing support to guest and ensuring a smooth experience. In addition to guest experience, you will assist with resolving problems, communicating with vendors and closing the event at nights end.
- 1+ years of event planning experience
- 1+ years of nonprofit experience
- Advanced customer service skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and passion for minority entrepreneurship a plus!
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Providing support to guest in attendance of the annual gala
- Resolving problems that arise with event execution
- Working closely with a team of logistically minded individuals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.