Are you an organized and detail oriented professional with administrative experience?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Rockville, MD. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Rockville, MD
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: Full Time
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $20.00/hour
POTENTIAL SALARY: $60K – 63K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Assistant will be providing direct support to the Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President of Global Development. This person will support programs and partnerships by managing the administration needs and project management activities. Some of the specific tasks include overseeing budget administration, reporting organizational initiatives and departmental inclusion in events, member and public facing web applications.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years administrative work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent experience in the area of project management and administrative support required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate and employ program procedures and processes
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information
- Excellent data retrieval and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions aligned with general guidance
- Ability to work successfully and professionally with diverse groups of members
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new systems and applications
- Excellent presentation/platform and training skills
- Some travel required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prioritize and execute complex workload of correspondence (primarily
electronic), telephone calls, invoices/check requests, and expense reports, including sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Manage, update and maintain calendar appointments and meetings, set up conference calls and make travel arrangements for the CMO & SVP of Global Development.
- Assists the CMO & SVP of Global Development in supporting the board of directors by developing presentations and talking points, scheduling committee, meetings, drafting meeting minutes, putting together meeting E-books and managing the board’s online portal.
- Assist the DGR, Marketing, Communication and International Development team members in the planning process for the annual events; collaborating with other departments that manage and participate in the event.
- Monitor the relevant communities on organization page. Post contributing department articles and blogs to organization page. Assist in maintaining the relevant community pages and documents libraries. Provide organization site assistance to team members as requested.
- Provide software application assistance (training and support) to team members as requested.
- Plan and coordinate departmental conference calls, on-site and Adobe Connect meetings.
- Prepare E-books and set up filing system
- Compile and provide departmental status reports to the CMO & SVP of Global Development.
- Act as department lead/liaison for supported areas (IT Department, Accounting Department, Legal/Contracts Department, member-focused software applications and MSC-sponsored groups).
- Examine all contracts and reports requiring CMO & SVP of Global Development authorization.
- Assists with special projects including preparation of presentation materials using PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and advanced features of Word and Excel.
- Assist in the development of annual expense and revenue budgets.
- Review and submit departmental expense reports and check requests.
- Ensure accuracy of reports by monitoring general ledger entries.
- Direct accounting staff on discrepancy resolution.
- Create quarterly variance reports, reviewing regularly with CMO & SVP of Global Development
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.