Can you handle multiple projects with ease?
Are you an experienced administrative professional looking for your next role?
Do you know how to speak Spanish?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Community Organization. The role is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Blue Line)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
SCHEDULE: 35+ hours/week
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant provides executive level administrative support and assistance to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), in a variety of high-level administrative support functions. This is an in person role, where strict COVID-19 guidelines are enforced.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of executive level administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, Spanish fluency a plus
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, be able to take initiative and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity to matters of significance.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support the CEO. Prepare, review, analyze and transmit a wide variety of documents, including, but not limited to, correspondence, memoranda, reports, minutes, as well as other administrative and confidential documents. Documents may include entire or partial Spanish language.
- Update, maintain and coordinate, as appropriate, the CEO’s paper and electronic calendar, including: scheduling meetings and appointments, scheduling and tracking important deadlines, and facilitating all room, food and related arrangements for meetings, as necessary.
- Answer and screen telephone calls and visitors, and direct calls to appropriate staff, take messages, or personally provide information, when appropriate.
- Act as liaison with other staff and outside parties, including: providing responsive and accurate information, following up on outcome and/or feedback, as appropriate or necessary, and redirecting information relevant to staff members.
- Receive, read and analyze all of the CEO’s incoming correspondence, including (when necessary) email and faxes, identify priority items for immediate attention, route relevant items, as appropriate, and compose draft responses as required.
- Arrange itinerary, travel and other accommodations for the CEO, as needed.
- Process financial transactions for the CEO, including: expense reimbursements, company credit card
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of monthly Board and Board committee meetings
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and take and/or transcribe meeting minutes.
- Maintain accurate and updated archives of all Board and Committee Meetings Maintain and update Board and committee rosters. Coordinate and carry out annual updating of all Board Manuals.
- Plan, coordinate, arrange and oversee, in coordination with the Administrative Team, the Annual Retreat and Annual Membership Meeting
- Maintain current working knowledge of corporate, organizational and personnel structures, including all subsidiaries and affiliates and carry out all related duties as assigned.
- Perform ministerial tasks to ensure compliance with all real estate licensing requirements and maintain all postings of real estate licenses.
- Serve as a member of the general administrative team along with the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resource Manager, Resource Development Manager, Communications Manager and Technology Manager.
- Undertake independent projects as assigned by the CEO, serve as a back-up to the front desk and perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.