We are currently in search of a Bilingual Executive Assistant (English/Spanish) for a nonprofit promoting global excellence in journalism. The position is based in San Francisco, CA (Remote option available for PST/MST/CST time zones). This is a full-time permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit promoting global excellence in journalism
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Executive Assistant and a seasoned administrative professional, you will communicate with news partners globally, track partner applications, and interact with consultants. You will provide a wide variety of high-level support to the Chief Executive Officer and must possess a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail. You will create and improve office systems and manage the CEO’s calendar. You will also participate as a consistent thought partner to the CEO and be a delegated authority in decision making and problem solving.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 5+ years of experience in a high-level executive administrative position
· Must be bilingual in English/Spanish (English/Italian is a huge plus but not required)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Has impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
· Demonstrates the ability to anticipate needs, think strategically, and make good judgment calls on behalf of the CEO
· Strong experience in support and provision of nonprofit project management
· A constant learner, with the ability to proactively create and improve existing processes/procedures in a nonprofit startup environment
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to organize, research, present, and articulate ideas and information effectively both verbally and in writing with news professionals at all levels
· Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite programs and video conferencing software. Experience in WordPress, Trello, Slack and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
· Able to travel domestically/internationally a handful of times per year (when safe)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Manage internal and external communications on behalf of the CEO (with partners, vendors, board members, etc.). Serve as a source of information and answer essential questions about the organization, as needed.
· Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, managing multiple priorities, overseeing calendar and scheduling, and providing logistical support for meetings and appointments
· Ensure CEO is fully briefed and prepared for all meetings and consistently provide updates on schedule changes, internally and externally
· Prepare for events, including conferences, meetings, trainings, and public events
· Create and maintain multiple project timelines and monitor project status
· Provide high-level administrative support for board members, arranging meetings and logistics, preparing meeting packets, and recording meeting minutes
· Take leadership on special projects and tasks at the request of the CEO
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.