We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Institution
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
SALARY: $55,000 – 70,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Executive Assistant, you will provide direct support to the President and Founder and interact with the Board of Directors regularly. You will manage the President’s schedule, manage all communications to and from the President’s office, and assist in implementing organizational initiatives. The Executive Assistant will represent the President and organization when interacting with staff, donors, and the Board. You will possess and maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, critical thinking, and enthusiasm for your work and the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of experience in a high-level administrative position within a nonprofit
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), and Google Drive applications
- Pays impeccable attention to detail and has extremely well-developed organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, think strategically, and make good judgement calls on behalf of the President
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff and Board
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the President, managing multiple priorities, overseeing calendar and scheduling, and providing logistical support for meetings and appointments
- Plan, organize and prepare for meetings, including arranging meeting venue and equipment/catering needs, preparing agenda, and ensuring materials are ready
- Provide high-level administrative support for board committees meetings to include preparation of meeting packets for distribution and recording of meeting minutes
- Develop working relationships with Board committee members and the Advisory Board
- Take leadership on special projects at the request of the President
- Engage in donor cultivation and stewardship, participating in donor events as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.