We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for an Education Foundation. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Foundation
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
SALARY: $85K – $100K/ year
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Executive Assistant, you will provide direct support and lead all administrative functions to the CEO, as well as Board members and internal stakeholders. Possessing a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail, you will be a seasoned administrator with experience managing calendars, arranging travel, including event logistics, as well as remaining a consistent thought partner to leadership of the organization. You will be a positive, proactive thinker comfortable managing a number of priorities and is able to shift focus when needed. This is an ideal role for a tenured Executive Assistant looking to contribute to an established and growing Foundation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-7 years of high-level administrative experience; experience working a law firm or in finance industry, a plus
- HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities and those with barriers to higher education
- Advanced computer skills, including Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite, comfortable working in a database
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, think strategically, and make good judgement calls on behalf of the CEO
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeanor, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff and Board
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, managing multiple priorities, overseeing calendar and scheduling, and providing logistical support for meetings and appointments
- Ensure CEO is fully briefed and prepared for all meetings and consistently provide updates on schedule changes, internally and externally
- Alongside office support, plan and execute small and large-scale events where CEO’s presence is needed; attend events alongside CEO as required
- Maintain high-attention to detail when drafting communications on behalf of CEO
- Develop working relationships with Board committee members and the Advisory Board; offer assistance with research for upcoming programs and activities of the Foundation
- Take leadership on special projects at the request of the CEO
- Provide additional office support to Leadership team, such as processing expense reports, coordinating travel, etc.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.