Do you want to work for an organization advocating to improve the quality of life of working families?
Are you a self-motivated and passionate professional with at least 5 years of experience in an Administrative role?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Research and Education Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Research and Education Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $60,000+ depending on experience
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Operations Manager and Executive Director, this position is responsible for managing the general administrative activities of the organization, with a heavy focus on scheduling. The candidate will make meeting and travel arrangements, maintain filing systems, and prepare reports. They will be responsible for some bookkeeping and executive communications. The candidate will be a dynamic and interpersonal individual that is eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10 years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting to senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong administrative background, and excited to continue that work and add value to a growing team
- Comfortable working with a smaller team
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to change
- Strong verbal, written and speaking communication skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and bookkeeping experience is a huge plus
- Experience in a law firm, think tank, or advocacy organization is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- 70% of time will be spent scheduling and managing meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements
- Maintain lobbying records and filings
- Work closely with external vendors to produce impactful research that supports the organization’s policy initiatives
- Prepare internal and external organization documents
- Bookkeeping and tracking expenses
- Assist in daily office needs and managing general administrative activities
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.