Are you an experienced Executive Assistant looking for your next role?
Do you consider yourself a pro when it comes to scheduling and board management?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for an Educational Institute. The role is a full-time, temporary, on-going position based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Institute
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, On-Going
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $25.00 – $27.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing and supporting the administrative needs of the President, interactions with the President’s Office, managing the activities of the Board of Trustees, as well as coordination of activities for the senior leadership team. This position serves the function as the primary liaison in support of President Office activities. This position is also responsible for scheduling and management of all meetings involving the President, the Board and Board committees, including ad hoc meetings. This is a an in-person role (opportunity for hybrid schedule) with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of administrative and executive level experience with board interaction
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word), and QuickBooks preferred
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable using a variety of written and verbal methods to work with internal organizational team and with employees at all levels in external organization
- Ability to work with and collaborate effectively with administration, faculty, program directors and staff across the institute
- Trustworthy and mature professional able to handle confidential information in appropriate manner
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Performs executive-level administrative duties for the President of the Institute. Functions as the primary liaison between the President and senior leaders (as appropriate) as well as to the Trustees.
- Exercises considerable discretion, independent judgment and diplomacy in dealing with a wide range of constituents, both internal and external to the Institute, as well as, planning, organizing and prioritizing the responsibilities of the President’s Office.
- Collects and compiles complex data and information for inclusion in reports and/or presentation materials. Coordinates reports and presentations by the President.
- Serves as primary contact for overall external coordination of activities with senior leadership team and senior management, Board of Trustees, President’s Council, political and civic leaders, major donors, other public and private contacts, etc. Provides information and assistance to officers, senior management and operating departments, and Trustees.
- In support of the President’s Office, oversees the planning of events and special projects, including events that are outside of regular work hours and/or at off-campus locations.
- Manages communications on behalf of the President, including drafting correspondence and preparing presentations.
- Manages the appointment calendar of the President, independently arranging appointments or making changes as needed; joins the President in meetings as required; compile, transcribe, and distribute notes from meetings, including senior staff meetings; track follow-up action items resulting from meetings.
- Monitors the budget and financial activities for the operations of the President’s Office. Responsible for the completion of expense reports and the President’s office budget. Approves limited expenditures and reviews the financial reports. Apprises executives of financial status.
- Assists and provides the following support to senior leadership team:
- Assist with special projects and presentation development
- Schedule appointments, manage calendar and arrange conference calls
- Manage materials, presentation development, arrangements and records for Trustee committees staffed by the senior leaders.
- Prepare agendas, make arrangements and record minutes for senior staff meetings, Board of Trustees meetings, and Board of Trustees committee meetings.
- Serve as a liaison with the President’s outside philanthropic and academic commitments. Supports network relationships on behalf of the President.
- Serve as the liaison and coordinator of activities with the Neighborhood Parenting Network.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.