Are you a multi-tasking wizard who thrives in a fast-paced environment?
Do you have at least 3 years executive level administrative experience?
Can you demonstrate the ability to take direction and create solutions?
We are currently in search of a Executive Assistant for a Community-Based Organization. The position is based in Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Organization
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Assistant provides executive level administrative support and assistance to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), in a variety of high-level administrative support functions. The Executive Assistant also functions as part of the Administrative Team. The Organization is seeking a candidate who works well under pressure, is solution-focused, and works well under a direct communication management style.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of executive level administrative experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance for occasional field work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, be able to take initiative and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity to matters of significance.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Must be able to work at least a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as needed on weekends and evenings.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support the CEO: Prepare, review, analyze and transmit a wide variety of documents (correspondence, memoranda, reports, meeting minutes, and administrative and confidential documents). Documents may include entire or partial Spanish language.
- Update, maintain and coordinate the CEO’s paper and electronic calendar, including: scheduling meetings and appointments, scheduling and tracking important deadlines, and facilitating all room, food and related arrangements for meetings, as necessary.
- Answer and screen telephone calls and visitors, and direct calls to appropriate staff, take messages, or personally provide information.
- Act as liaison with other staff and outside parties, including: providing responsive and accurate information, following up on outcome and/or feedback, as appropriate or necessary, and redirecting information relevant to staff members.
- Receive, read and analyze all of the CEO’s incoming correspondence, including (when necessary) email and faxes, identify priority items for immediate attention, route relevant items, and compose draft responses as required.
- Arrange itinerary, travel and other accommodations for the CEO.
- Process financial transactions for the CEO, including: expense reimbursements, corporate credit card processing, etc. and ensure the timely processing of such transactions by following up with accounting and/or relevant department.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of monthly Board and Board committee meetings including: scheduling and advancing correspondence, gathering all necessary documents, assembling board packets, and the coordination and oversight of others who have board meeting preparation responsibilities.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and take and/or transcribe meeting minutes. Maintain accurate and updated archives of all Board and committee meetings.
- Maintain and update Board and committee rosters. Coordinate and carry out annual updating of all Board Manuals.
- Prepare routine and non-routine reports, including the collection and analysis of data and information involving the utilization of spreadsheet format in Excel.
- Plan, coordinate, arrange and oversee, in coordination with the Administrative Team, the Annual Retreat and Annual Membership Meeting, including: preparing correspondence and a wide variety of required documents, securing locations, drafting membership board nominations and organizational resolutions, as well as follow-up as necessary.
- Lend support to other special events as required.
- Maintain, organize and update the CEO’s filing system, including filing correspondence on a regular basis and archiving and/or purging files and documents.
- Update and maintain all corporate insurance binders and prepare and process all annual insurance renewals and provide other insurance-related support as required.
- Maintain current working knowledge of corporate, organizational and personnel structures, including all subsidiaries and affiliates and carry out all related duties as assigned.
- Perform ministerial tasks to ensure compliance with all real estate licensing requirements and maintain all postings of real estate licenses.
- Undertake independent projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Serve as a back-up to the front desk, as required.
- Serve as a member of the general administrative team along with the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resource Manager, Resource Development Manager, Communications Manager and Technology Manager.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.