Are you an organized and hardworking administrative professional with a passion for international programs?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant, International Communications for a Health Nonprofit. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, ongoing assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant, International Communications
DURATION: Ongoing, potential temp-to-perm
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00-$21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are seeking someone who is organized and process oriented, as well as a team player. The Executive Assistant must demonstrate solid knowledge of contract, grants and administration management, project coordination, preparation of meeting minutes and routine correspondence, international travel planning, conference planning, maintaining files and oversight of program schedules. This position reports to the Director, International Communication and also performs coordinated assignments for the Director, China, Indonesia and Philippines Programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Interest in public health, commitment to public interest work
- Hands-own contract and grants processing knowledge
- Three to five years administrative support and clerical procedures and systems work such as: word processing, managing files and records, switchboard, and other office procedures. International experience preferred
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to organize schedules and information efficiently with exceptional attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Demonstrated high degree of dependability
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, both written and orally
- High level of initiative, can-do attitude, willingness to learn
- Ability to suggest/implement ways to make internal processes more efficient
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple projects and deadlines
- Foreign language skills preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support aspects of contract and grant process including screening of overseas organizations, transmission of documents, coordinating signatures
- Receive and process invoices for payment for grantees and contractors
- Update, manage and maintain program schedules
- Proactively identify upcoming events, deadlines and needs, and assist with associated coordination
- Organize, prepare for, and take minutes of meetings
- Manage production of documents for major department meetings as well as itineraries and associated paperwork
- Manage travel arrangements for staff through travel and visa vendors; provide consistent point of contact/build relationship with vendors and expense reports
- Suggest solutions for making team members more effective; systematize information and processes
- Assist with the coordination of international meetings, international phone calls, conferences, and study tours
- Help develop presentations for use in internal and external meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.