Are you a Finance Associate who enjoys numbers but also wants to make an impact in social justice reform?
We are currently in search of a Finance Associate for a Social Justice Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Finance Associate
Is This Your Dream Job: The Finance Associate will support multiple finance-related responsibilities, including: credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, the monthly close process, and daily tasks or ad hoc projects required of the Finance and Accounting department. This position requires someone who is comfortable communicating with all levels of staff to ensure tasks get completed on time, and is the right role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys detail-oriented work, takes initiative, and asks targeted questions when they need guidance.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of finance, accounting or relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience with data entry, preferably in Netsuite or other bookkeeping/accounting platform
- Impeccable mathematics and analytical skills
- Experience working in nonprofit and/or campaign setting
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities, and meet recurring deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills Proficiency with Netsuite, HRIS, payroll processing, or another financial platform strongly preferred
- Experience with workplace apps including Slack, Asana, Google, and similar productivity tools preferred
- Commitment to racial justice; experience working with diverse stakeholder and individuals impacted by crime and violence preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain employee credit cards (physical and virtual); track usage and assign restrictions; obtain cards for new hires as identified
- Issue and replace lost, expired or stolen cards for staff
- Track approved contracts with full details including contract amount, billing name, billing email, billing communication type, invoice status, and billing terms
- Request documentation such as W9 and ACH forms; flag any issues and resolve errors with contractors/ vendors as identified
- Receive incoming checks and payments
- Support with purchasing business accounts as identified
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Finance Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
We retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.