Are you a detailed-oriented Accounting professional? Do you have a passion for supporting Causes that protect vulnerable populations?
We are currently in search of a Finance Director for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temp-to-perm, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
DURATION: Temp-to-Perm, Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Finance Director
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Director is responsible for overseeing a team that is rapidly growing in budget and volume. You will oversee expense reporting, annual budgets, auditing and board communications. Possessing a high level of accuracy, you will serve as the lead of the accounting team and be able to serve as a financial resource to all internal and external stakeholders. You will oversee contract negotiation processes and compliance.
- Expertise in accounting software
- 5+ years of nonprofit accounting experience
- Exposure to creating expense reports and auditing financial reports
- Exposure to contract accounting, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database
- Comfortable working with department heads in an office environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing accounting staff members and day-to-day financial documents, from expense records, vendor invoices, year-end processing and weekly check runs
- Maintain an organized accounting ledger and verify posted transactions
- Utilize an expert level of detail and consistently educate new employees on payment processing protocols and systems
- Track office inventory and distribute expenses to the respective department; ensure all entries are recorded in a timely fashion
- Offer guidance and support to colleagues with all departments of the organization, specifically Development and Programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.