Do you have 3-5 years of finance experience?
Do you have work experience at a membership association?
Are you proactive and reliable?
We are currently in search of a Finance Specialist for a Membership Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Finance Specialist
ANNUAL SALARY: $45-50k/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Finance Specialist will work in a team environment with the staff. They will develop and maintain monthly Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and processes daily batches of payments.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years bookkeeping experience, Association experience required
- Competency in working with affiliates and volunteer boards
- Strong management skills; ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good judgment, problem solving, and excellent solution-focused skills
- A professional manner and a friendly/team personality
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assisting the Director, Operations and Finance with financial reports needed on a monthly basis for the Executive Committee and Finance Committee
- Serves all bookkeeping duties: accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, cash disbursements, general ledger account adjustments
- Maintain vendor list and makes contacts as needed
- Assist or prepare vacation, sick and comp schedules
- Provide day-to-day support for Administrative Call Center receipt processing
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable reports, as well as sending monthly reminders for Accounts Receivable
- Operate accounting software to record, store, and analyze information
- Proof figures, postings, and documents for accuracy
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies/procedures/regulations
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations
- Seek and develop creative and innovative ways to perform job duties
We’d love to hear from you. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Finance Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit? For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications, we regretfully can only respond to those who best meet the requirements of this position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured we retain all candidate information for potential future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.