Do you have 3+ years of accounting experience? Are you passionate about community organizations? Do you have a high attention to detail?
We are currently in search of a General Ledger Accountant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: General Ledger Accountant
SALARY: $26.45/hour (~55K/year)
Is This Your Dream Job? Supporting the Controller, the General Ledger Accountant will work closely with the Finance team on assisting with month-end closures, daily journal entries, and analyzing all processes. The General Ledger Accountant will work diligently to ensure all payments are made on time and will be comfortable contacting appropriate billing contacts, when necessary. This individual will also provide expert-level customer service to internal and external stakeholders and enjoy working collaboratively. This is a wonderful position for an Accounting professional seeking to work in an organization that gives back to the San Francisco community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years accounting, finance, and/or payroll experience, specifically in a nonprofit setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel; Financial Edge experience a plus
- Previous nonprofit experience a plus and comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a friendly and professional demeanor and high attention to detail
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions
- Follow up with any financial discrepancies via email or by phone
- Assist with month-end closures, create journal entries, and maintain a general ledger
- Update all billing information and resolve any customer-service related issues related to payments and ACH deadlines
- Export and import information and input into accounting systems
- Collaborate on special projects and provide support to audits as needed
- Serve as a financial liaison and feel confident representing department in meetings or with stakeholders
- Consistently meet deadlines and work efficiently alongside team members
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “General Ledger Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.