Do you have 4+ years’ experience in supporting nonprofit board relations?
Are you passionate about collaborating with a diverse team of healthcare leaders?
We are currently in search of a Board Relations Administrator for a Healthcare Association. The position is offered with hybrid-onsite flexibility during COVID-19. This is a full-time, permanent position.
POSITION TITLE: Board Relations Administrator
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Johns Creek, GA (Greater Atlanta Area)
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $80,000-$85,000/year with excellent benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Board Relations Administrator directly supports the President/CEO in the management of activities and processes required to ensure effectiveness of the Board of Directors and its committees/workgroups. This role serves as the primary support to the Board of Directors and is responsible for board governance and functions to ensure that the board and committees are equipped to have informed discussions during and between meetings.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supports Board of Directors during Board activities, including Board meetings.
- Oversees arrangements for quarterly Board, committee meetings and other meetings of Board members throughout the year.
- Prepares staff notes to support and inform board discussion and decisions
- Coordinates distribution of meeting materials for Board meetings, Board calls, and other meetings.
- Records outcomes and assignments from quarterly Board meetings including but not limited to the production of Board meeting summaries and minutes.
- Liaise with the Meeting Planning/Travel Coordinator and Executive Administrative Assistant regarding quarterly all meeting logistics.
- In coordination with the President/CEO, plans and supports annual Board leadership transition meeting.
- In coordination with the President/CEO, plans and supports the new Board members orientation and transition to board service, including management of individual attestations and on-boarding processes.
- Develops calendar of events to help plan future Board meetings, so as not to conflict with other Association and related organizations activities.
- Serve as lead staff support for the Standing Board Committees and other assigned workgroups and advisory committees.
- Create and maintain committee charters and work plans.
- Ensure effective orientation of outside subject matter experts recruited to participate on a taskforce or advisory committee.
- Draft clear and appropriately concise background documents to support their discussions.
- Participate in and take notes during conference calls and meetings.
- Draft minutes and/or other appropriate follow-up documents reflecting the discussions and decisions of the group.
- Support Association President, Vice Presidents and Directors serving as lead staff support for other taskforces and committees.
- Draft clear and appropriately concise background documents to support their discussions (as assigned).
- Assist with securing appropriate professional services for meeting facilitation and board development.
- Take notes during conference calls and meetings when requested.
- Draft minutes, summaries, follow-up documents or other correspondence as appropriate reflecting the discussions and decisions of the group (as assigned).
- Schedule special meetings and conference calls.
- Assist with coordinating Association’s international outreach.
- Maintain current and historical governance documents, compiling and uploading meeting material, and maintain the department’s intranet page.
- Organizes official records and files related to governance activities.
- Performs routine filing/scanning for governance documents on an as needed basis.
- Uploads Board & Committee meeting materials and minutes to CRM.
- Responsible for maintaining files of official minutes, bylaws, governing policies, and other governing documents.
- Maintains board members service records including term schedules.
- Maintains current SOPs for all relevant governance processes
- Oversees maintenance of the CRM portal and resource center, governance intranet site, and developing international portal.
- Prepares and monitors governance budgets.
- Monitors the monthly governance variance reports and reports any discrepancies to the President/CEO
- Identifies the need for re-classification of expenditures
- Reviews and approves Board member expense reports and codes appropriately.
- Drafts governance budget for the upcoming year.
- Complete other duties as required in support of effective Board and Committee work and relations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in nonprofit governance and supporting a nonprofit board
- Subject matter expert in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines supporting executive-level individuals and groups
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Sharepoint, and WebEx; Diligent Boards or another online e-board book platform a plus
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills as demonstrated by a track record of analyzing and distilling complex information into clear, concise written reports
- A systematic approach to organization and planning
- Willingness to occasionally work extended hours and to travel when needed (approximately 4 days per quarter, spanning weekends)
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Board Relations Administrator” in the subject line.