Do you have at least 2 years of Grant Writing experience?
Do you have a passion for helping the community through non-profit work?
We are currently in search of a Grant Writer for a Foundation. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a Full-Time/Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Grant Writer
DURATION: Full-Time/Temporary (on-going)
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Grant Writer works closely with Grants Director in research, developing and submitting grant proposals to current and new funding sources in order to obtain support related to the organization’s mission and programs. The Grant Writer reports directly to the Grants Director and Executive Director. The right candidate will have opportunity to transition to full-time, permanent employment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Foundation grant writing experience required
- Good computer skills required
- Full-cycle proposal experience preferred
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Interest and willingness to learn a DonorPerfect database, will train
- Some experience with social media / graphics / crafting a newsletter is a plus
- Self-starter, flexible and comfortable working closely with the supervisor
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Research local and national foundations for funding
- Create successful grant proposals, collaborating with the Grants Director regarding the proposal development process – including editing and compilation of materials to meet funding agency requirements
- Grant Acknowledgements (i.e., thank you letters, forms submissions)
- Assist with grant submissions (i.e., uploading documents into online portals)
- Implement timely follow up on proposals submitted, including acknowledgement of grants received, creating progress, financial and final reports as needed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- The right candidate will have opportunity to transition to full-time, permanent employment
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Abrooks@cnpstaffing.com with “Grant Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.