Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of students and young adults?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience in grant writing?
Do you work well on a dynamic, passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Grant Writer for a Youth Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Chicago.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Organization
POSITION TITLE: Grant Writer
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Grant Writer reports to the Chief of Advancement Officer and will conduct a full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, government, and corporate sources. This person will be responsible for writing proposals and submitting reports on grant funded projects as well as assisting with the development of written communication and content. The Organization is seeking a compassionate and detail-oriented individual who is culturally competent and a strong writer.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- 3-5 years of grant writing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and ETO Social Solutions.
- Experience writing and managing government grants.
- Ability to analyze/compile technical and statistical information and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and interpret grant contracts and agreements.
- Strong understanding of the landscape of youth programming .
- Must demonstrate cultural competency, dedication to working with youth, families and community members in our care.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations, government funders, and other grant-making organizations.
- Assemble and submit grant requests including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with various team members to collect accurate and current program information and data for use in proposals and reports.
- Assist in the development of other written communication such as donor appeals, marketing collateral, and web content.
- Manage initiatives related to the tracking and reporting of organizational outcomes.
- Develop goals, logic models and outcomes for grant submissions.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Rachel Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.