Do you have 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and grant writing?
Are you looking to directly support local Chicago communities?
We are currently in search of a Grants Manager for a Social Services Organization. The position is offered onsite with remote flexibility during COVID-19. This is a full-time, permanent position.
POSITION TITLE: Grants Manager
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: South Chicago, IL; onsite with remote flexibility during COVID-19
DURATION: Fulltime, Permanent
SALARY: $ 58,000-$62,000/year including 4k signing bonus within first 6 months (benefits available)
Is This Your Dream Job?As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Grants Manager will support all functions of development and donor relations and manage an integral part of the overall growth of the organization. This role will serve as the primary grant writer for the organization and reports directly to the Executive Director
How You Will Spend Your Day
- Write, submit and manage all grant activity in a central database and deliver regular reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Work with internal and external partners to draft and edit proposals and reports
- Track proposal and reporting deadlines, ensuring that all submitted materials are accurate and comply with any funder requirements
Fundraising and Development
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems
- Solicit contributions from major individual donors and steward long-term relationships with donors
- Develop relationships with prospective individual and foundation donors to increase funding; research prospective institutional and individual funders
- Plan and execute both fundraising and/or cultivation events with assistance from staff
- Track the implementation of ongoing programs to improve the renewal rates of existing annual donors, creatively use events to upgrade donors and maintain a diversity of revenue
- Manage the development of an electronic collection of updated organizational materials to be used for foundation and funder site visits
- Create and maintain gift recognition programs
- Manage and track funder communications for organization and ensure the production of high quality, error-free materials, funder reports, annual reports, annual appeals and electronic messaging
- Cultivates high-level relationships with program officers and other foundation leaders and individual donors of interest
- Assist in creation and staff Board Development Committee and build relationships between board members and the organization
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years’ experience in professional fundraising, grant writing, or non-profit program management with grant writing experience
- Strong grant writing/proposal writing background a must
- Subject matter expert in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized with excellent follow up and follow-through on tasks and goals
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Manager” in the subject line.