Is This Your Dream Job? Supporting the Development team and program staff, this role plays a strategic function in securing corporate and foundation grant funding from a wide variety of organizations. Reporting to the Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and editing high quality proposals, as well as grant reports, and other gift programs. The Institutional Giving Associate will serve as the primary contact for corporate prospects and prospect research, while also consistently collaborating with the Programs staff to bring the stories of their clients to life. This is an ideal position for a seasoned communicator who is looking to expand their institutional giving skill set in a flourishing and established nonprofit.
You are Encouraged to Apply IF:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of nonprofit development and grant writing experience preferred
- Proven track record of successful grants $10,000 and up
- Excellent writing and oral communication
- Advanced organizational and administrative skills
- Familiarity with proposals and grant narratives, ideally in human and social service organizations
- Possess a high-level of statistical analysis and strong working relationship
- Strong computer skills, comfortable working in a database and crafting stories from numbers
- Leadership, innovation, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist the Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer with grant research, fundraising, and proposal processes
- Prepares proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Generates revenues for programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/fundraising proposals
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
- Keeps data/development management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems
- Researching and composing proposals for grants ranging from 5-to-6 figures; consistently track and report on progress of active grants
- Create collaborative relationships with program staff, as well as Development colleagues
- Actively participate in weekly meetings and update the staff on institutional giving opportunities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
**Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.