Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in housing or customer service?
Are you looking for a full time, flexible role where you can make a change?
Is it important for you to be a resource to individuals in need?
We are currently in search of a Housing Counselor for a Social Services Organization. The role is a full-time, hybrid position based in Evanston, IL targeting candidates in the state of Illinois. This is a temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Evanston, IL
POSITION TITLE: Housing Counselor
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week (hybrid)
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Housing Counselor is responsible for overseeing administrative tasks such as intake, data tracking, monthly reporting and participation in community outreach and will assist with homebuyer and financial education workshops as well as housing and credit counseling services. This person is responsible for maintaining an effective system for client files while working with staff to place clients in housing, and resolve any delinquencies. This is a hybrid role (in-office Tuesday and Wednesday), looking to get the ideal candidate started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of work experience in customer service or housing, social work experience helpful
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially spreadsheets, database and reporting tools
- Excellent communication, writing, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to speak Polish, Hindi, Russian, Urdu, Tagalong, Korean, Arabic, or Farsi a plus
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and manage conflicting priorities required
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and assist clients with action plans to help them meet their goals
- Assist with facilitating education workshops, including scheduling, marketing, and procuring speakers
- Complete follow-up paperwork, including certificates and communication referring partners
- Represent the interests of the agency, the program, and the program participants in all activities
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances
- Create, maintain and update client files into Housing Counseling Database on a regular basis
- Maintain work load reports
- Build relationships with lenders, realtors, and other professionals to develop referral sources
- Manage a caseload of financial capability counseling clients, foreclosure prevention and delinquency clients, and housing counseling clients who are interested in need of rental assistance
- Maintain a client base in Cook County, and other areas of service area as necessary
- Provide individualized credit counseling services
- Use Coaching approach when addressing client’s goals
- Available to client throughout the post purchase process to address any problems or answer any questions that may arise
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Housing Counselor” in the subject line.