Do you have at least 2+ years of human resources experience?
We are currently in search of an HR Generalist for a Community Services Organization.
ORGANIZATION: Community Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Near West Side)
POSITION TITLE: HR Generalist
DURATION: Temporary (4 + months)
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for an HR generalist to support the Director of Human Resources with employee relations, training, recruitment and benefits administration. This position will also assist to ensure operational effectiveness and exceptional customer service to the employee population of the agency. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 2 + years of experience in Human Resources
- Must possess knowledge of HR laws, practices and policies
- Experience with administering various health and welfare plans
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
- Comfortable giving presentations to both large and small groups
- Experience with HRIS and timekeeping systems such as ADP, Kronos, Ceridian, or UltiPro
- Previous payroll experience; serving as back-up or assisting the payroll department
- Experience recruiting for both exempt and non-exempt personnel in a non-profit environment and working with an applicant tracking system
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Partners with employees and management to administer and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Assists with recruitment of exempt and non-exempt personnel and temporary employees
- Maintains Applicant Tracking System with accuracy and timeliness. Compiles reports and trends of analytical data pertaining to recruitment needs and turnover. Administers and controls all functions of the system pertaining to users
- Works with the HRIS (Ceridian) to accurately enter new and current employee information, changes and updates; assists with self-service database administration
- Coordinates and conducts pre-employment/background screening, new hire orientation, benefits orientation, open enrollment and various trainings
- Assists with updating the statistical portions of the Agency’s EEO/Affirmative Action program annually to meet compliance and assists with preparing and submitting the EEO-1,VETS-100 and Affordable Care Act reporting
- Assists with the administration of the Agency’s health and welfare benefits; which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and LTD. Reconciles monthly invoices and maintains vendor databases
- Serves as back up contact for insurance brokers and benefit plan representatives
- Assists employees with benefit election and comprehension of benefit plans
- Assumes responsibility for distributing annual medical notices to employees
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with staff members of the agency, external agencies and vendors
- Assist the payroll department in updating employee changes to ensure accurate processing of biweekly payroll for two company codes
- Provides guidance to management staff in relation to employee coaching, performance improvement plans, and corrective actions
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are normally within the scope of duties enumerated above
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ashley Viscardi at email@example.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.