Are you passionate about social justice issues in the Bay Area? Do you have over 2 years of human resources experience? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented?
We are currently in search of an HR Generalist for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: HR Generalist
Is This Your Dream Job? As the HR Generalist reporting to the chief human resources officer, you will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, professional development, performance management, benefits administration, payroll, onboarding, policy implementation, staffing, and employment law compliance.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Progressive work environment
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of human resources experience
- BA degree
- HR professional and/or Payroll Certification a plus
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office. Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong payroll compliance and understanding of current payroll laws required
- Payroll administration using ADP desirable
- Previous benefits programs administration preferred
- ADP payroll & reporting and/or benefits systems experience desired, but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Highly professional
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Conducts new-employee on-boarding
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary for assigned client group
- Serves as back-up to the Manager, Benefits & HRIS in his/her absence. Assist in benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to JSoares@cnpstaffing.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.