Do you have 10+ years of human resources experience?
We are currently in search of an HR Manager for an Educational Organization.
ORGANIZATION: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (River North)
POSITION TITLE: HR Manager
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the Human Resource Department. The professional in this role will possess the business and technology acumen to interact with employees and outside vendors, be able to form key relationships, and effectively answer payroll and benefit related questions. Therefore, the ability to manage stakeholder needs and expectations is essential. This is a hands-on position that involves leading many small to medium sized projects simultaneously.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- SPHR or PHR preferred
- 10 + years of HR experience
- Prior exposure to payroll systems (preferably Paycom) and payroll processing required
- Previous non-profit or school experience a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Office 365 and Outlook
- Strong multi-tasking ability and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and cultivate trusting relationships with other associates
- Employee must be able to support philosophy and mission of the School Board and Head of School
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Compensation / Benefits Administration
- Ownership of the entire bi-weekly payroll process to ensure that all employees are paid correctly and on time. Oversee the annual W-2 Form preparation
- Manage the annual Open Enrollment process and educate employees regarding medical, dental and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability,403B plan, and other benefits.
- Manage Family Leave, long-term disability, worker’s compensation claims, and approve unemployment claims
- Manage the annual Archdiocese compliance audit and the ACA compliance testing
- Prepare employees’ employment contracts, letters of agreement, and benefits statements
- Ensure that HR policies and processes are consistently administered across the organization and are in compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws
- Serves as a link between Administration and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policy, helping to resolve work related problems
- Provides advice on HR related organizational policy; recommends and implements needed changes
- Administration of employee performance and evaluations with organizational leaders to insure the establishment and operation of effective human resource practices
Recruiting / Staffing
- Coordinate the full recruiting life cycle with Administrators to include job description review, needs assessment interviewing and screening of applicants
- Attend career fairs and other recruitment activities
- Maintain up to date files of all job descriptions and employment contracts
- Ensure smooth onboarding and offboarding for new hires and departing employees
- Ensure all employees comply with Archdiocese required backgrounds steps
- Assist with salary benchmarking for new hires, assess salaries for existing staff on annual basis
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “HR Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.